Monday, April 7, 2014

Travel Mini Album

I'm officially calling 2014 the year of the mini album.  I am simply having too much fun creating them!  I only wish we traveled more so that I could dive into documenting travels into mini albums. Ha!  However, that doesn't mean I can't help others make the most of their memories.   My brother-in-law and his wife are heading to London soon for a business/personal vacation.  I'm excited for them to go on this journey together!  I thought it would be fun for them to have a little place to put down some memories so they could show off their fun time and have a great keepsake.

I worked with several of the Heidi Swapp lines to put this album together.  That is one of the things I love most about her products - you can mix them up across several lines.  It's a great way to get a bunch of different looks while using up supplies you have on hand.  Here is a look at the cover of the album:
I added a fun little banner to the top with lots of embellishments and then tucked a few under it.  It just made it a little different and more interesting to me.  I had these wooden letters on hand from Pink Paislee and thought they would make a perfect fit for the look of the album.
I added a few embellishments to each page leaving space for lots of photos and notes.  Here I used a 4x6 journal card to create a pocket where I tucked a little tag.  It could also hold more photos and memorabilia.
I had a travel themed mini flip book on hand from a long time back.  I tore out the pages from the cover and removed the 4x6 inserts.  That left me with several 4x6 cards that I punched holes along the side of and added them in as little mini pages.

I used color magic ephemera and some stitching to get some fun page accents. I got this idea here.


I also added in a little book or two using paper folded over.  I thought it was fun how they kinda looked like mini passports and fit with the travel them.  They will be a great place to tuck another little photo or two or simply to put some notes.

I hope they have a great trip!

Supplies used: (from Heidi Swapp) No Limits papers, Vintage Chic file folders, Color Magic file folders, Color Magic ephemera, Color Shine in various colors, Mixed Company Paper, Hello Today ephemera, Hello Today mini stamps and ink pads, Vintage Chic sticker labels, Hello Today chipboard stickers





No comments:

Post a Comment