Tuesday, April 8, 2014

Hello Today Memory File Album

Whew!  What a week!  I've been finishing up lots of projects and starting a few new ones.  I must say my ideas keep rolling but time is always the limiting factor!  I was greatly inspired by the amount of new craft materials I received in the mail this week.  So exciting but so hard to wait to play with them all!  So first things first, I have been playing around a lot of with Heidi Swapp Hello Today items available at Michael's.  I was thrilled to see a dedicated line there this January and have been collecting items as they become available to play with.  As I anticipated her new lines that I just got in the mail I knew that many of these items would work well with them - so great!

I've worked with the memory file albums a lot over the last year but I do feel like it wasn't until recently that I just got it, for lack of better explanation.  It's truly a great concept.  Lots of possibilities and a great way to store your memories.  I purchased one of the Hello Today memory file kits and set out to put it together into a little mini album and here is what I got:


This is a shot of the cover from two angles.  I wanted to show you how I just put some simple embellishment on because I loved the large chevron pattern, but also how thick it can be.  By scoring different lines on the file itself you can control the thickness.  I also wanted to bind this album without my binding machine so I used ribbon this time to add in the other large and one mini files.
The second mini file that comes in the kit was adhered onto the second large one inside.  I made a little book out of that one using a back to back binding method with several papers.  I punched holes in the middle and tied some floss through it for extra reinforcement.
I added some pockets for journaling too.

The other mini was tied in with the original ribbon binding and also had some back to back bound pages.  I adhered either end of those to the mini file itself.  You can see in the latter photo that some of the new Dreamy ephemera also made it into the book.  I just loved it and had to use some right away!
The last page holds the photo stack and is filled with photos!  I think those are pretty neat but I don't love to over embellish them or they don't sit right.

Supplies Used: By Heidi Swapp: Hello Today Memory File Kit, Hello Today 12x12 paper pad, Hello Today 4x6 mat pad, Hello Today stamps, inks, color shine, acrylic embellishments, Hello Today Ephemera, Hello Today chipboard stickers and frames.   Also, seam binding ribbon, Recollections washi tap, Pink Paislee Color Wash Stamps





No comments:

Post a Comment