Wednesday, November 10, 2010

Starting backwards

Over the many years that I have been scrapbooking I have taken several different approaches to getting pages done.  Most times I start with a specific event, find the best pictures, and then develop a theme around those pictures.  Sometimes that works out great, but other times I leaves me wanting more - wanting those cute pages I see others design.

Well, that is one reason I love digital!  I can start a page both ways and see which one I love.  Lately, I've been trying to challenge my layouts so I've started with some of my digital kits and just focused on making several different layouts from them.  It's been a great way to get more creative and every so often I think, hey, those pictures would look really cute in there.  And that's how I came up with the page below.  I was working with a kit by Michelle Coleman and really liked the layout I had.  So I searched through some pictures I had not yet scrapped and found a few that I think worked from a fun Friday summer night we had just hanging out and celebrating a friend's birthday.  Just an impromtu sort of day that can be so relaxing!  (Sorry about hiding some of the photos, but I don't want to put everyone's face out on the internet) :)

No comments:

Post a Comment