Friday, September 23, 2011

Wine & Harvest Fest

I love that I grew up in a small-ish town.  I should have, but really didn't realize it is also a tourist town until I was a young adult.  One thing about the area we live in is that there are always great festivals to attend in the big and the small cities.  September in Cedarburg brings the Wine & Harvest festival!  Complete with a grape smashing contest and pumpkin regatta, there is also tons of food and, you guessed it, wine!  On a beautiful fall day, the family and some friends ventured into this great city to partake in the fun.  First a few shots of the town (I'm sad I did not get one of the busy closed-off main street!):

Above you can see the old wool mill and the historic buildings ahead that make up the downtown area.  We walked up and down viewing crafts, tasting wine, and enjoying lunch and a few sweet treats.  Then we took the kiddos to the park so they could get out of the stroller and crowds to play for a bit.  AJ doesn't walk yet so no running for him, but he does love to swing!

Here are two pages to document the day made with papers and elements from my collection, Sweet Avery, which you can pick up in my shop.

No comments:

Post a Comment