Saturday, July 16, 2011

Our Trip Up North

I've been so busy working on my designs for the Design Factor Race that I had not even taken the pictures off our camera from our trip up to Door County, Wisconsin over the long 4th of July weekend.  We had such a great time on that trip. Mostly because the weather was so perfect that we spent a lot of time outside. With the sun shining all we wanted to do was be out on the lake; however, that was not in the plans when the boat motor gave out about a football field from the dock.  That was interesting.  Thankfully, a kind soul and the swimming abilities of Matt, Jim, and Finn allowed us to safely return to shore.  That was AJ's first boat ride and we will surely never forget how that one went down!
However, the rest of the weekend was filled with fun and as I sat here finally reviewing the photos I just couldn't wait to start scrapping them!  So before I get in some lunch for the day I was able to put together this little item using Echo Park's "Life is Good" kit.  It was a beautiful night and we were headed out to celebrate my brother's birthday.  It was also a great opportunity for a nice family photo with the sun setting on the lake behind us.  Ah, good times.
And I've also found some time to scrap a few pics of AJ and my parents - the grandparents that had a ball spoiling him all weekend long.  He sure was the center of attention!  I scrapped this using my own kit, Tree Time.  The font used on this page is Digs My Heart from http://www.kevinandamanda.com/fonts/


No comments:

Post a Comment