Monday, April 1, 2013

Fun with Heidi Swapp Color Shine

I've been following Heidi Swapp for a while now and she is so great at all things paper crafty!  I'd worked with mists only a little bit but was very interested when she announced her new color shine line.  Time has been pretty sparse with adding a new little one at home so I put it on the "I would like to do that...when I have time" list.  It's a long list.  Sadly.  However, a short while back she had an inventory sale where you paid a set fee and they sent you a ton of goodies, but you wouldn't know exactly what they were.  Ok, I figured this was a great way to get my hands on some of that product to try it out myself.  Honestly, it had been a long, long time since I'd purchased actual product since I do most things digitally now.  AND THEN...Heidi Swapp showed up at Michael's!!  It suddenly took priority on my to do list to go shopping there!  So with even more product in hand, I was determined to not let it sit and look pretty but to do as Heidi says and MAKE PRETTY STUFF!

There is a ton of inspiration on here website and an entire section that is filling up with what will be 101 projects using her goodies from Michael's.  So far, I've created two items and I LOVE COLOR SHINE!  It's easy to blend, the colors are beautiful (I have black, primrose, mustard, chartreuse, and peach), and the iridescent shine is just gorgeous.

My first project was to decorate a wooden frame from Michael's to go around my dry erase board.  Being on limited time I snagged the dry erase board at Michael's too but probably should have tried one more place to find a bigger size, but alas, it still looks pretty fun hanging in my office!  I used the color shine on the frame and all the embellishments.  It's pretty.  And my office is the only girl-zone in the house so I want it pretty!


For my second project I used her 101 days of inspiration project #10 to create a card for a friend of mine.  I think it turned out pretty cute!
Well, here's to hoping I get more time to craft again soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment