Friday, November 30, 2012

Last Day at NDISB

It's the last day that NDISB and my store there will be open so stop on by to grab any of my kits at 50% before they are gone.  While I'm sad to see my store close, I think it is time for me to move on and find a new venture.  I'm not entirely sure of what that is yet but I know that I'm not ready to give up on Little Birdie Digital Designs.
As this closing approached, I spent a lot of time thinking about how I would take my next steps and I learned a few things.  First, and it seems simple, but I need to design for me.  I often spent a lot of time trying to figure out what the marketplace or the visitors to my site wanted from me.  That led to me making a lot of fun kits, but not many that I LOVED and wanted to really use all the time.  So I've been working on kits that are for ME first. And some made it into my store but others are still in progress.  I hope to find a place to sell them in the future.

Second, once I design for me, I find that my pages are better and better display my work.  I hope that will make others more excited about using my designs as well.

And finally, I've learned how to expand my digital skills in new ways - like decor and invitations - and this has helped me to think about how to design digital kits that not only help scrap important memories, but are useful for fun projects as well.  Why not get the most out of what you purchase?

Well, I'll still be on the blog doing new projects and hope to inspire others in that regard.  The holidays are upon us and there is a-plenty to get creative with!!



No comments:

Post a Comment