Tuesday, May 29, 2012

Enter Design Contest...check!

For the last month I have been working away at a contest entry and today I have officially uploaded my designs to be judged.  The contest is hosted by JessicaSprague.com with Echo Park, called the Designer Discovery Contest.  The rules were fairly simple - design a mini kit using one of the 5 themes provided by Echo Park Paper Company.  Each entry must include 5 papers, a sticker sheet, and a border/tags sheet.  Along with a few other prizes, the winner will have their design printed and distributed worldwide!

I'm sure the competition will be stiff but it was a fun challenge to undertake and I went with the theme of "girls."  Parts of this came together easily for me but other parts were tough and I had to put them aside to re-assess later on.  The judging begins officially on June 2nd where the entries will be narrowed down to 25, put to public vote to get the top 10 and then the winner will be selected and announced on June 22nd!  I'm excited to see all the entries as one of the things I love most about design is that even if you give 10 people the same project, you will always see something new and creative.  Good luck to all the contestants!

Here is a preview of my entry to enjoy:







No comments:

Post a Comment