Wednesday, December 7, 2011

Project & December Daily

Isn't it great when without planning you can make something pretty cool with some simple things you already have on hand?  Yeah, I think so too.  In just under 30 minutes I was able to whip together this item to hold our holiday cards.
It might not be a masterpiece but it will certainly work and also adds a little holiday cheer.  We had this old cork board in our basement.  It pains me to say that I think it's from college...  I took three sheets of holiday cardstock to cover it with using spray adhesive.  Then I took a light green ribbon and put five pieces down going in one diagonal direction.  I secured them using some tiny push pins.  Next, I choose a darker green ribbon to do the other direction.  I cut them and secured them with the same push pins, with the exception of the corners.  You could use the same color ribbon or lots of different colors - it's just great to use up what I had on hand!  If nap time had not ended, I may have painted the frame but alas, it's still pretty cute.  And fast!  No need to make it completely perfect as it will be filled up by cards soon enough.
And, let's not forget December Daily!  I've been keeping up!


No comments:

Post a Comment